Saturday, April 18, 2009

Puerto Rico Day 3 - Team Varner

Day Three !
Enjoyed some great breakfast food (not shown)from a local resturant and hit the road. Today we did some shopping (to ensure the Wifey was happy) and we did get to drive to Ponce ! I've wanted to go to Ponce, the birth-home of one of my Pan-African/Latino/Puerto Rican/American heroes Mr. Baseball himself Roberto Clemente. While in Ponce we ran into a community parade and enjoyed the pagentry of the community celebration. We also ordered ate some fast food to make sure we still had American stomachs. We ended the day with some Latino Food Favs' like the pictured Aroz con Pollo and the dish of 'African heritage' (as the waiter stated) named Monfongo. When I noted that the Platinos (Platains) were also a dish and cooking approach that came with the enslaved Africans the waiter applauded me for doing my research (but I think he really wanted to ensure he had a big tip....)...

No comments: